Paul E. Pancoast
Paul E. Pancoast is an advisor at StarBridge Advisors, LLC. Dr. Pancoast is an Emergency Physician with formal biomedical informatics training, clinical practice experience, and 14 years of healthcare consulting experience. Dr. Pancoast serves clients in strategic planning, system selection and implementation, and optimization of Health Information Technology projects as well as Clinical Analytics projects. His passion is using technology to derive insights and direction from available information sources, and applying those insights to increase individual physician and system efficiencies, improve outcomes, and increase satisfaction with healthcare delivery processes.
Dr. Pancoast’s key areas of focus:
- Led teams and delivered many large scale Clinical Transformation projects for healthcare system implementing, optimizing and replacing enterprise electronic health record systems over the past 12 years
- Led and delivered enterprise health records systems selection projects
- Coached, advised and led project teams for physician engagement, physician communications and clinical acceptance of healthcare technology changes over the past 12 years, including individual CMIO coaching workshops
- Designed, led and delivered clinical content strategies and clinical content development for healthcare systems with clinical information systems
- Developed and delivered numerous physician and clinician education sessions for ICD-10 and Clinical Documentation Improvement projects
He received his Doctor of Medicine from Loma Linda University, MBA from University of Toledo, Biomedical Informatics Training at University of Missouri-Columbia through the NLM, and completed an EM residency in Dayton, OH.