Even leaders need coaches
When a small community hospital was acquired by a large regional health system, the CEO wanted her team to be successful in their new roles in the larger organization.
Anyone who has been a part of an acquisition knows that skills development is an essential that no one has time for during a reorganization.
The CEO reached out to StarBridge Advisors looking to help the CIO develop executive level skills.
Through weekly calls a seasoned advisor with 30+ years HIT leadership experience, assisted with leadership development and prepared the CIO for the transition to the new role as part of an overall health system IT reorganization.
While every situation is unique, it is common for leaders, regardless of their experience, to need executive coaching or advisory services to develop as a leader or be successful in a new or expanded role.
Over the past year, StarBridge Advisors have provided executive coaching and targeted guidance in a variety of situations and worked with CIOs and their IT leaders to increase their effectiveness and maximize their capabilities.
Examples of these engagements:
- After attending the CHIME CIO Bootcamp, a newly appointed internal interim at a hospital requested our help. Through a combination of leadership coaching and advising, he was able to navigate a much broader scope of responsibilities. We provided advice on day-to-day issues, prepared him for consideration as a candidate for the position permanently, and assisted with transition preparation for the newly hired CIO.
- At the request of the CIO, we coached an IT VP for business applications at a large regional health system. With the goal of developing executive level skills necessary for success in the role, we assisted with leadership development and relationship management.
- The CIO for a small regional health system requested our help on career assessment and planning. We helped her weigh options to move to another organization or expand her role at her current organization. Together we focused on self-assessment, long term goals, and consideration of different paths.
- We worked with the newly appointed internal interim CIO for a community hospital at the request of his SVP. It was a combination of leadership coaching and being a CIO advisor as he navigated a much broader scope of responsibilities. We advised on day-to-day CIO issues he faced, prepared him for consideration as permanent CIO candidate, and assisted with transition preparation for the newly hired CIO.
- The IT VP/Deputy CIO for a large regional health system worked with us to develop greater self-confidence. We helped think through future options, assisted with resume development and overall preparation to be considered for similar positions at other organizations.
- When the CMIO of a large regional health system transitioned to CIO, we provided leadership development and advisory services as he took on a much broader scope of responsibilities.
Our advisors typically connect with individuals weekly or bi-weekly using video conferencing and are available in between scheduled sessions as needed.
If you find yourself in need of an executive coach or advisor for you or your IT leaders, turn to StarBridge Advisors. We have seasoned advisors who have years of experience helping develop and mentor leaders. We will match the optimal advisor with your unique, individual needs and organization profile.